THIS SHOW REQUIRES YOU TO SHOW OFF OF YOUR TRAILER. THERE WILL BE NO PENS AVAILABLE FOR PENNING PIGS IN THE BARN. WE WILL HAVE THE SHOW IN THE BIG BARN AND THERE IS NO HOUSING FOR PIGS. AGAIN, YOU MUST SHOW OFF OF YOUR TRAILER.
- Barrows and gilts will be shown separately.
There will be a Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, 3RD Overall, 4th Overall, and a 5th overall for each sex.
- Show will begin with Showmanship on January 1st at 5:00PM. You do not have to show in showmanship to show in weight classes. On Saturday, January 2, 2021 weight classes will begin at 12:00PM. Early weigh in will be on Friday January 1st from 3:00PM – 4:30PM. THE SCALES WILL CLOSE AT 4:30 PM BECAUSE OF SHOWMANSHIP. Hogs will be weighed on January 2, 2021 from 6:00am to 10:00am.
- Entry fee is $ 35.00 per animal, and a $10.00 Showmanship Fee for a jackpot showmanship.
- Any exhibitor 21 years old or under is eligible to show.
Exhibitors must be old enough to show their own pig.
- Health Papers are required on all hogs entering the Fairgrounds.
Health Papers will be checked before pigs are unloaded.
- Exhibitor can enter 3 animals in this show.
- All pigs must have an ear tag.
- Entry forms must be completed and signed by the exhibitor, parent, and County Agent or Ag Teacher and posted marked by December 23, 2020 with entry fees. Late fee is $20.00 per animal.
- There will be 3 placings per class (weight classes and showmanship classes).
Money will be given out according to number of head in class.
- After hogs are weighed in at the show they will be classified according to weights. Classes will be broken with as even number of entries as possible.
- There will be no reweighs once the hogs leave the scale area. All exhibitors questioning weights must voice concerns at the time the weight is announced.
- Each exhibitor must show the animal that was tagged, weighed, and entered in his/her name. A substitute driver may be used only if approved by the FFA Livestock Committee.
- Each hog will be assigned to a weight class. The FFA LIVESTOCK COMMITTEE will determine the number of classes.
- Show order will be as follows:
Five Showmanship Classes (Oldest to youngest)
Grades 10-12, 7-9, 4-6, 1-3 and K & Under
Barrow (Lightest to Heaviest)
Gilts (Lightest to Heaviest)
- All hogs will be shown at the owner’s risk.
- The first place hog from each class will be judged for Grand Champion. The second place hog from the Champion’s class will be judged with first place hogs for Reserve Champion.
- All premiums and prize money are contingent upon the availability of funds. Grand Champion Payout $1000 for Grand, $850 for Reserve, $700 for 3rd Overall, $550 for 4th Overall, and $400 for 5th Overall. These are sponsored by Linder Feeds and Feed Dealerships.
- Any contribution to the show must be made through the Jeff Davis FFA.
- The Jeff Davis County FFA and any of its members are not liable for accidents, injury or theft.
- Each exhibitor must assume all risk for his or her animal.
- The FFA Livestock Show Committee will decide upon points not covered in the above said rules.
- The Jeff Davis County FFA Livestock Committee reserves the right to interpret the rules. Decisions of the Judge and Livestock Committee will be final.
- Criticizing or interfering with the judge, exhibitors, classifiers, grievance committees, weigh committees and other show officials or other conduct detrimental to the show will result in automatic disqualification form this show and future show
- All questions about the show must be submitted by email to:
Cody Herndon at email@example.com
(Email is checked 3 to 4 times daily). Phone Number : 912-253-6342